Wednesday 8 July 2015

IT'S GANNA RAIN?!

                             
            Have you ever made perfect plans for the weekend only to find out it’s going to rain? I have! A LOT! But trust me… it’s not as bad as it may seem. There are tons of things you and your family/friends can do on a rainy day! To many, a rainy day just means staying inside and sleeping or watching TV to get rid of the boredom. For me however, it means FUN TIME!


            The following is just as example of what my 2 day RAINY weekend would consist of…
****OH WAIT! Before I start the daily agenda… it’s good to know that I come from an Indian background so some things may be related to my culture. ****

SATURDAY:

       1.    Once I’m up and I finish getting ready (brushing, shower, making my bed), I would go downstairs and help make pancakes, French toast, and some scrambled eggs. With that I’d also make Indian Tea and chocolate milk for my sister.

              

      2.    After breakfast, my sister and I usually play UNO and a few other card games.
      3.    Around noon, my family and I gather around to play a family game which can consist of Monopoly City 3D, Life, Sorry etc.
      4.    When it’s almost 3, because of the heavy “brunch”, we eat chopped fruits and a healthy homemade smoothie.
                                             
                                                  
      5.    We then start a new/old comedy movie to brighten up the gloomy rainy day.
      6.    Around 6, we invite our closest family friends over and have fun, talk, laugh and play games as a group. When it’s almost 8 we order pizza or Chinese takeout food and have it delivered by 8:30/9.
      7.    After dinner, the kids go down to the basement and play pool, table tennis, cards etc and then we start a movie that we all voted on.

                                     

Before we know it, it’s 2 am. One by one, everyone starts to leave and it’s time to go to sleep.

SUNDAY:

      1.    Since we slept late, we would all wake up around 11 (my parents still wake up around 8/9). My sister and I go downstairs and make our own cultural breakfast. Again… rather than just a breakfast, we have “brunch”.

                               
      2.    With a late start to the day, we finish everything around 1. We then gather around the table in the family room and bring out a game called Carrom. It may seem easy… but don’t let your eyes trick you. It’s much, much harder than it seems to be.  
            

      3.    After the game ends (usually takes 2-3 hours depending on how skilled you are), we make some nice, hot Indian snacks that are made in India especially on rainy days.
      4.    Around 6, we all gather around and play cards, Just Dance, and many more games. Beating your own family members can be so much fun!! Ahah..

                                 

      5.    Once a light dinner is taken, it’s around 8:30. We sit on the sofa and our parents tell us stories from when they were young and how they spent their rainy days. When my grandparents came here for a while, they told us embarrassing stories from when our parents were little kids.
      6.    Since they would have work the next day, we would go to sleep by 10. Since it’s summer right now, my sister and I stay up till 11 playing cards or watching our own TV shows.  

                  


Many people believe that rainy days = boring days spent in the house. I believe that if it’s
spend with the right people, the most tiring and boring rainy days can be spent in ways that create memories that last a lifetime. 

                           
                                 
                           

                           


No comments:

Post a Comment