Tuesday 7 July 2015

Things You Don't Know About Me In The First Meet-up

          When we first meet someone, there are things we notice about them that stay in the back of our heads, and there are others that we discover later on. Many people have mistaken me as someone who is very shy and sits in one place. They think I'm the type of student who studies all day and focuses solely on her responsibilities. However, as you spend more time with me, you'll see that there are a lot of things hidden under the iceberg of my personality. More than you can imagine.

Below is just a small list of things I believe you should know about me...

1. I'm VERY talkative: Once the first 30 mins. of awkwardness have passed, I seem to get very talkative and I usually end up talking the most!!!

                                                     

2. I LOVE to dance!! : I have been dancing since I was in grade 3. I have never been to dance classes however, once grade 9 started, I took dance as an elective and I created my own dance club. I choreographed for 10 people and we performed it for the school assemblies/ dance showcase.

                                                   

3. It's really hard for me to trust what people say: Based on the experiences I've had throughout life so far, I have learned not to trust everyone from the first meet. It takes a lot of time and experience to understand the person and their personality to start to trust them.

                                    

4. I love spending time with people... when someone first meets me, they may think I'm someone who enjoys her own company more than other people, however, I am the total opposite of that "myth". I would rather spend time with my friends and family than pick the option of being alone. Yes I take time out to myself, too, but I prefer company > loneliness.

                                    
5. I am a BOOK HOG!! : I love to read! whether its the newspaper, the news online, movie reviews, books, textbooks etc, I'm always up to read. The only thing I hate is when it comes to reading for an assignment, knowing that I'll have to read the book numerous times to understand the material and answer questions. I personally prefer reading as a hobby, not as a source of marks.

                   
6. I love swimming!! : I have been swimming since I was in grade 5 and ever since then, I fell in love with swimming. I may not love the deep end, but when it comes to diving and just having fun in the water, I'm completely up for it.

                              

7. I love travelling!! : whether I'm out for a trip to the beach, a stroll in the park, or visiting a new place, I love discovering new things every time i visit a different place. Even though I may be going there for the 10th time, I find a way to discover something new. Nature has always brought a smile to my face, especially when I'm out with my loved ones.

                                      

8. I'm a choco-holic! : I may not show that I'm crazy about chocolates and candy but when it comes to Halloween and parties, you'll always see me hog choco to myself whenever I can, My favourite type of combo is the McFlurry from McDonald's, M&M's or Smarties. Those are my two favourite flavours. Then there is Lindt and Ferrero Rocher... MY FAVOURITE chocolates!

       

9. I may not seem like a person who likes sports... BUT I DO!! : I don't love playing sports but it has always helped me spend time on physical activities rather than spending time watching TV on a couch.

        

10. Many people believe I'm someone who studies a lot...: Instead, I'm a person who balances a family life, a social life, and school work all at the same time. I don't spend a lot of my time doing homework, I'm actually an average student with a 90% average. I spend a lot of my time with family and friends, too, as it helps me stay stress free.

                                

         I'm sure many people would say "WOW! I didn't know half the stuff on this list!" and that's okay! I don't really tell people things about me unless I feel comfortable around them. This is usually around the second meeting or a few hours later when the other kids and I are figuring each other out.



No comments:

Post a Comment