Thursday 2 July 2015

Summer School... Day one/twenty

Summer School...Day One/Twenty

           Hey there! I'm Kruti and I'm 17 years old. I'm really excited at the moment as this is the very first time I'm writing a blog!! You might be wondering why a 17 year old took time out of her summer break to write a blog entry? Isn't it crazy to be inside when there are a million other things to be done outside! There are places to discover, people to meet, friends to make and memories to cherish. Well... let me tell you why, SUMMER SCHOOL! Today is the first day of English Summer School. 

          I was so excited last night (not because i was starting school.. okay maybe that too... but because I would get to meet a lot of new people and reconnect with friends we just saw last week) that I had a hard time falling asleep. I was in such a rush today morning!! I woke up early to exercise took a shower and got out of the house just in time to catch the next bus. Let me get you in on a little secret... I HATE TAKING THE TTC! Out of all the things... besides being afraid of horror movies and spiders, I'm afraid of the TTC. See... I love travelling and I don't mind taking the public transit, but the routes and the roads always scare me! I never know which bus to take and how to get somewhere without printing out the directions from google maps. Anyone that knows me for more than a month knows about the TTCphobia that i have...ahahha... 

       As i left my house, I double checked to make sure I had everything I needed and made sure I had the printout! When I finally made it to the school, I realized I was the first one there from our school "squad". I waited by the school sign and pretended I was fascinated by the music playing in my ears. I was so nervous... I had a hundred questions going on in my head at the same time! How will the teacher be? Will he/she be nice? Will they let me eat in class (HAHA.. as you may have figured, I'm a food addict). Will I get good grade if i try hard enough? Will my friends be in my class and if not will I fit in? Before I knew it, 15 mins had passed and my friends showed up one by one. We embraced the moment and walked in ready to work hard for the next month of school. 

     Once we got into the school, hundreds of new faces looked back at us and with the awkward stroll that decided to appear, we went in and stood at the back of the line. Once we got the class number, we went into class and 60 pairs of eyes stared back at us... We knew at that moment that we would all be in different classes. We just hoped that we had at least one other person. As the attendances were called, we were all divided between 5 classes; thankfully we all had someone we knew very well. As class started, our teacher introduced himself and he seemed to be pretty nice! Me and my friend looked at each other and sighed in relief. As time went on, we noticed that he was the type of teacher you can be open to and ask questions knowing that he won't judge. After that, it turned out that, like elementary school...WE GOT RECESS!! We all felt the old memories coming back, except this time, they'll be with new people. 

     Before we knew it, the first day of school was over! I realized that summer school won't be so bad after all!! As I sit here writing the blog, I realize that I'm actually excited for the days to come... Here's to summer school, the friends we make, and the moments we share.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment