Wednesday 15 July 2015

What makes me HAPPY you ask?

   When our teacher first said, "write about all the things that make you happy" i got really excited!! I could list 50 things just off the top of my head. But then, i started to think... did everything really bring me happiness? If yes, then was it temporary, or something that i know would always make me happy? So i sat down and actually thought for a while. After putting in a a half hour,  i finalized my list to the top 11 things that make me happy.

1. Spending time with my family: My favourite thing is to spend time with my family. Whether it be going to the beach for an hr or two, to just sitting around playing cards. I find real happiness in doing small things with my family because i know that once university starts in a year, all of these moments will just become memories waiting to reoccur.

                        

2. Hanging out with my friends, close or not, friends will always be friends: friends are the ones who stick by your side when you need them the most. Whether they be close or not, friends can be fun to hang out with and a great way to spend your free time.

3. FOOD: ever since i was a young girl, i have loved trying new things, such as chicken. I have been addicted to chicken since the day i tried it. I am also an addict to Indian food and Hakka Chinese food.

           
    Soups     

4. Seeing things that make other people happy: I've always found true happiness when i see other people enjoying their day. Just today on the bus i saw a little girl around 6 and her mom laughing and enjoying their time. It made me really happy to see how a small thing like a bus ride brings joy to her face, and in turn, to her mother's face. My parents have always called me sensitive, but i guess i just like to connect with people, especially through emotions.

                                 

5.Dancing: Dancing has been my hobby and my passion ever since i was in grade 3. I've done performances at schools, party halls, and in the basements of houses. I take dancing as my main source of relieving stress. It helps me calm down and gives me personal time to think things over. I have also been told that people love watching me dance and i guess that has kept me going. I also love the felling of freedom that comes along with dance. The freedom to dance as i wish and the freedom to express my feelings through rhythmic movement.

    

6. Going to visit new places, cultural or not: I love travelling. It doesn't matter if i'm just 5 mins away from home or 5 days away. New/ Old places help me appreciate the natural beauty of nature vs the beauty people have created. Different worship places gives me a chance to learn about new religions and how they work. Parks give me a chance to appreciate nature, and indoor places allow me to appreciate the hard work put in by people.

   

7. Visiting old friends and family members, sharing memories from when we were really young: visiting old friends and families can help bring up memories that are long gone. I enjoy sitting down and catching up on things we have missed over the years, and if we were constantly still talking, then i would just enjoy the company they offer face to face rather than the one through the phone. I love spending time in getting to know someone better and appreciating the life that is given to us with such wonderful people in it.

    

8. Going through old pictures: I love looking through old pics because it brings back memories that i may or may not remember. The best part about not remembering is that you get to sit with your family and stories from our childhood come up. it's like discovering a new side to us that we didnt know existed.

                          
                            


9. Reading: Reading has always been one of my favourite hobbies. Reading brings a sense of patience and calmness withing me. It helps develop my English and increases the amount of time i can spend after myself. I love reading because it lets me have my own private time. Time i spend only with the characters in the book. It helps me sleep or focus if i am stressed about something, too.



10. Going to India: I have hopes of going to India soon because it has been a long time since i last went and saw my relatives. I love how i can feel like i never came to Canada. no one treats me differently and shows me the same respect as shown to the people that already live there. They encourage me to learn more about my culture and the food and clothes they have to offer. There are a million things on my to do list for the next time i visit India... okay maybe i only have 20 things, but STILL, you get the point.

    

11. Babies/Kids!: I always feel like i'm the only teen my age who loves kids especially when they're really young. (they inspired me to be a pediatric nurse) Little kids seem to love me! They come to me to play and always come when i offer to carry them unlike the rejection they give to everyone else. The one thing that attracts me to kids is the smile they always have. They look really innocent and it's like i can never get tired of playing with little kids.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment